If you use the First Data Payeezy Hosted Checkout (HCO) integration method for processing credit card payments, you need to turn on CAPTCHA. Unfortunately, when you first create a payment page on Payeezy, this useful tool is turned off by default. It needs to be turned on.
This short tutorial will show you how to do that.
How to turn on CAPTCHA
- Log into your Payeezy account.
- At the top-left, go to Payment Pages.
- Select the Payment Page you are working with by clicking the link found in the Payment Page ID column.
- On the left, click on 9. Security.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Check the boxes for “Use CAPTCHA for all transactions” and Prevent ClickJacking.”
- Go to the bottom right and click on “Save Changes” before leaving.
That’s it. Your payment page on First Data Payeezy will now be immune to bot attacks.
Why is CAPTCHA necessary?
Criminals buy stolen credit card numbers in bulk on the dark web. When buying these credit card numbers, the purchaser does not know how many of the cards are still active. They must test them. One of the ways they do this is to create a script, also known as a bot, to run $1 transactions online using each credit card number. They will test thousands of stolen credit card numbers this way.
You want to avoid this from happening with your Payeezy account. Turning on CAPTCHA will do this.