This is what identifies your Payment Page with First Data. It’s displayed that the top of every section in the payment page settings.
This is used by First Data to verify the transaction is valid and from your website. It’s used, along with transaction information, to create an MD5 security hash. Treat the Transaction Key as you would a password. It’s located in the payment page settings under 9. Security. It can be changed by pressing the “Generate New Transaction Key” button. If you change it, make sure to press “Save Changes” at the bottom right.
Payeezy uses a virtual terminal. The currency the virtual terminal is hardcoded to a specific currency type by First Data. Most virtual terminals are set to USD for United States Dollar. To verify what currency type your virtual terminal is set to, in Payeezy, go to Administration > Terminals.
There are two type of Payeezy accounts, Live and Demo. Live is a Payeezy account that can process credit cards. Demo is used for testing purposes. Credit Cards are not actually processed when using a Demo account. Live and Demo are two separate environments. Transactions are sent to different servers using different credentials.
To get a Demo account, you need to fill out a quick form and promise you’re not a robot. Demo accounts are free and there’s no limit to how many you can have.
This chooses how your form will process transactions. The options are:
- Payments. This creates a regular payment form.
- Payments with optional Recurring. This creates a regular payment form, but it also includes a checkbox that allows the cardholder the option to make the same payment once a month. They will be charged the day of the transaction and again every 30 days.
- Payments with automatic Recurring. This creates a regular payment form with an automatic monthly recurring payment. The cardholder does not have a box to check for the option of making the payment once a month. The payment fires off automatically once a month. This option is good for gyms, classes, dues, or anything else that requires a cardholder to pay an amount every month.
- Donations. This creates a payment form with predefined amounts the cardholder can choose. By default, these amounts are $10, $25, $50, $75, and $100. The cardholder also has the option of entering a custom amount.
- Donations with optional Recurring. This creates a payment form with predefined amounts along with the option of entering a custom amount. It also includes a checkbox that allows the cardholder the option to make the same donation once a month. They will be charged the day of the transaction and again every 30 days.
This is what is displayed on the button the cardholder presses to go to First Data’s secure page. The options currently are:
- Pay Now
- Donate Now
- Make it so
- Continue to Secure Payment Form
- Continue to Secure Donation Form
Not used unless you’re using my premium add-on plugin, WP Payeezy Results. It adds the ability for your website to receive transaction information from First Data so that it can be stored and accessed in WordPress. Access the cardholder’s name, address, email address, phone number, special fields, and the ability to monitor possible fraud. To learn more about WP Payeezy Results, go here.
If an amount is entered in this setting, the cardholder will not have the option of entering an amount. The amount will be hardcoded to whatever you enter. The cardholder will be charged the amount you enter. If you want the cardholder to choose the amount they are paying, leave this field blank.
It’s located in Payeezy under Recurring. Select the monthly plan that you want to connect to your Payment Form. Click on the edit link located at the top right. Go to the bottom of the page and make sure “Enable for Payment Page” is checked.
Leave the Monthly Recurring Billing ID blank unless you’re processing monthly recurring transactions. The recurring plan must have the Frequency set to “Monthly.” If you need to processes recurring transactions with something other than Monthly, I can modify it for you at a very reasonable price. Contact me for more information.
Purchase order number. Truncated to the first 20 characters and becomes part of the transaction. It appears in column “Customer Reference Number” under Transaction Search.
Additional reference data. Maximum length 30 and becomes part of the transaction. It appears in column “Reference Number 3” under Transaction Search.
Three custom fields that will pass information with the transaction to First Data. The values are not stored by First Data. You won’t be able to log in to your Payeezy account and access the information. It will appear in the emailed receipt sent by Payeezy.
This field is a large text area input that the customer can write a note or memo.